Who we are
We are environmentally-minded citizens who deeply care about our local community. We love fresh food, and we want to share the bounty that grows in our backyards. We are first and foremost community-based, hoping to engage peacefully with our neighbors, in reclaiming local food surplus, to foster a healthier body, community, and planet.
We are a group of Southern Vermonters dedicated to the communal harvesting of local food resources, to combat food waste and insecurity in Bennington.
To support the work of local organizations working to address food insecurity through gleaning fresh, local food for those who are hungry.
- Community stewardship through engaging diverse groups of citizens as peaceful collaborators in addressing food waste and insecurity in our community.
- Alleviating food insecurity through increasing access to fresh, local food surplus.
- Providing educational services to support the health and wellbeing of our community.
- Empowering youth to join the fight for food justice.
- Conserving and growing local food resources, especially those on public lands.
- Reducing food waste.
- Promoting equality and peace through food justice.